Thursday, February 07, 2008

Seven Days

Every morning I wake up and I have the exact same feeling of panic and confusion.
What the fuck happened? Why do I feel so shitty?

And then I remember why.

Last night I had a dream. You were standing behind me, with your arms around my waist. Your cheek against my face, holding me super tight. We were looking out the window and it was a beautiful, sunny day. We just stood there like that for what seemed like forever, and I felt so safe and so happy and so loved.

Just like I did whenever I was with you.

I woke up, and for just a few minutes I felt good. Really, really good.

And then I remembered.

9 comments:

roopa said...

Aww, Leesy, I wish I could give you a huge hug right now.

Hex said...

Time will pass. And so to, will this.

All the best.

Susan said...

I'm sorry, Cheese.

Princess Consuela Banana Hammock said...

*hugs*

novaemo said...

Elise, I'm so sorry :(

beagle said...

:(

The UnaDater said...

I hate these dreams, they are the sole reason I am on anti-depressants when I was sure I would never be!

unadater.blogspot.com

resolve said...

that is an absolute cunt of a moment. one i'm far too familiar with. my old band had this song that started with a line:

from the moment i wake / it's a 30 second break / until i remember / the latest development

i. hate. memory.

i like cheese said...

Cunt of a moment, indeed.