Thursday, May 17, 2007

Forget Me Not

A guy I know owns a new, popular bar on the LES. This guy and I, we've hung out maybe 3 or 4 times, ever, but he's friends with a very good friend of mine.

I've been to this bar a couple of times, never really knowing what to do if I see this guy. I haven't seen him in, a while. I know the obvious thing would be to say hello, but I'm always worried that people aren't going to remember me and I don't want to be the big asshole thinking that I matter more than I do.

I like this bar a lot, no matter who the owner is, so I invited some friends to meet me there this evening for a catchup.

No sign of the owner. No opportunity for awkward chit chat.

We decided it was time to leave, and as we are walking up Norffolk, I see Bar Owner walking towards me. I have to suck it up and say hello, even if he doesn't remember me.

"Hey, Bar Owner," I called out.

"Hey, what's up?" he greets me with a hug.

"You remember me? Cheese?" I ask.

"Yea. hey, i hear you have a boyfriend now."

{boyfriend has been a round for like, a year and a half}

"let me introduce you to my friends," I introduce him to my cohorts. He greets them warmly

They ask how we know each other, and he replies "we got really drunk one night, and made out."

we what?

oh yea.

and i was afraid he wouldn't remember who i was...

No comments: