Thursday, September 04, 2008

Weird Pheromone Wednesday

Yesterday morning I was leaving the Starbucks in Rock Center with my usual order of a tall iced coffee in a grande cup (room for milk, baby!) and a spinach and feta wrap (how I love prepackaged food), ipod blasting Weezer's Red Album..when I faintly heard through "Troublemaker" someone yelling out "miss! excuse me! miss!" while running in my direction.

I felt a tap on my shoulder and freaked the fuck out, assuming the worst...did I drop something? Did I take someone's coffee by accident? Did i get my period all over myself? WTF?

I turned around to see a short, but attractive dude in a suit smiling at me and muttering, "This is so embarrassing...so embarrassing."

"What? What is it?" I started to panic.

He laughed. "I was getting my coffee when I noticed you standing next to me, and you are absolutely the most beautiful woman I have ever seen."

I mean, the guy is pretty much right, but I can't really recall the last time someone chased me down to tell me so ;)

I giggled like a schoolgirl and thanked him for being so nice. I totally admitted that I thought he was going to tell me my underwear was showing.

He then asked if he could take me out for a drink. To which I had to say no. I kicked myself for a little while over it, but it was too early in the morning for me to think straight, and I hadn't had my coffee yet! Plus, I'm a New Yorker, I can't just say yes to a dude in the middle of Starbucks...he could be a psycho!!

In addition to this, Remax2 spent the entire day telling me all of the salaciously naked things he wanted to do to me.

I didn't want to push my luck, but I seriously wanted to call up every single guy I ever had a crush on and see if they were feeling some inexplicable pull towards me. My pheromones are clearly detectable over cyberspace, and quite possibly, cell phones!

Date later that night was so enamored with me that he asked me out for Saturday...before our date even ended.

And on my way home from date, yet another man felt the need to stop me on the street, tell me how gorgeous I am, and ask me to join him for a drink. Actually insisted, that second, that I join him for a drink. Of course, he was already drunk, and might have been missing some teeth. Or something.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

You are so hot! What a great boost of confidence!!!

The Dutchess of Kickball said...

Damn girl, you are rockin!

i like cheese said...

You girls are sweet :)

Susan said...

Wow, I better come to NY and hang out with you -- maybe I can get some of the guys you reject!

i like cheese said...

Susan, the guys are reject are probably not people you would actually want...hehehe...and hey, what about Fly Boy??

Colleen said...

Awesome! I had a super weird pheromone day like that once. You go girl.