Sunday, May 18, 2008

Stopping Traffic

There's a couple that lives a few doors down from me that I've only just started to notice. I'm pretty sure they are new to the neighborhood, because believe me, I would've noticed them before...she kinda reminds me of the Callie Torres character on Grey's Anatomy, except beefier, if possible. He is just a tiny little nerdy white dude with glasses. She's probably 5 times the size of him. To call them a mismatch is an understatement.

They are always walking hand in hand on their way to the subway before work, being all cute and kissy kissy, and it's a little sickening--besides the fact that they are physically just not attractive, the overuse of PDA is just too much for me at 9am on a Monday morning. I try not to let my mind wander and imagine the two of them in bed together. I try. But I don't always succeed.

Saturday morning I found myself walking behind them and I was so not in the mood. But try as I might I wasn't able to walk around them, they were always just one extra step ahead of me. So I was forced to witness their display of nastiness.

Right as we're crossing Washington Avenue, a very busy, two-way thoroughfare, they stop short. By the time I realize they have stopped short, I am not only caught up to them, I have almost smacked right into them. And as I almost smack into them, I notice that they have stopped short, (in the middle of a two-way thoroughfare, with a light that changes before one has time to actually cross the entire street, so one has to run like a maniac to get to the other side) so that they could MAKE OUT. In the middle of the street.

GET a fucking ROOM people! At the very least, wait until you've crossed the street! Grrrr.

7 comments:

The Dutchess of Kickball said...

OMG who does that?

Andrea said...

damn sickos...

UGLY PEEPS + MAKING OUT IN PUBLIC= ew.

Andrea said...

also, please come play tag with me if you
have a moment... it'll be fun!

i like cheese said...

Dutchess--Right? douchiness all around.

Andrea--Honestly, I can handle the making out in public (even the ugly peeps) but the stopping in the middle of moving traffic to do so was pretty ridic.

5 of 9er said...

Is beefier really possible? :)

i like cheese said...

Niner--I didn't think so!

Kontessa Krunk, Esq. said...

The fact that you didn't scream "for fuck sake!" and shove right through them should fast track you to sainthood.