Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Snore

I realize that if I don't post SOMETHING I'm going to lose the 3 readers that I've managed to accumulate over the last few years...but honestly, I'm not really sure what I have to say that is going to be interesting or exciting to any one of you.

I guess I'm going through a weird slump of sorts. I'm definitely not interested in much of anything in the way of the opposite sex. For real. I didn't think that was possible, but it's proving to be so. I'm not too worried about it yet, but if I'm still feeling this way in a month, we should check for brain tumors!!

Seriously, I've been spending most of my time at the gym (tri training season has begun) yoga (for all that emotional healing) and with close friends, just chilling old school with some wine or dinner..Lots of retail therapy, catching up on TV and books... been chatting with a few boys who I will probably never go out with, another who will probably never go out with me, and so it goes.

I've also had some mystery "illness" for a couple weeks now, and starting Sunday night it flared up in such a way that I was sure I'd end up in the ER (where I'm sure there would be no Dr McDreamy waiting to sweep me off my feet, dammit). I'm happy to report that I am finally taking my ass to the doctor, in the hopes that I merely have acid reflux, and not a pulmonary embolism.

Being that on Sunday eve I spent many hours at the new Beer Garden in my 'hood, imbibing Original Sins like they were water, then headed over to my local Mexican haunt for some tacos (but not fish tacos, you pervs! keep it clean, yo!), and then woke up at 5am with horrible pains in my chest, I'm gonna go with acid reflux! God, this getting old thing just keeps getting better and better!!!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

I know, right! Getting old is only going to continue, so I guess just keep fighting the power.
I, too, am curiously non-spring- fevered so far this spring. Guess I'm all boring now.

just bob said...

Mmm.... tacos and beer. And you haven't lost me as a reader!

Hex said...

Red Three standing by (I guess that means we've all checked in *lol*)

What have you been reading lately?

i like cheese said...

Colleen-Yea, but you're all engaged and whatnot, which makes it ok somehow ;)

Bob-Thanks for sticking around. I promise things will get better!

Hex-Yes, looks like all three are accounted for. Ha!

Last books I polished off was "Still Life With Woodpecker" by Tom Robbins and "I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell" by Tucker Max (probably should have hated it but I thought it was hilarious). I am now reading "The Last Summer of You & Me" by Anne Brashares and "Invisible Monsters" by Chuck Palahniuk. And if you'd like more scintillating info regarding my literary interests, you should befriend me on Good Reads :)

Liöüx said...

Cheese.

We should go out sometime.

This non-adventure thing you're having is starting to bother me.

i like cheese said...

Lioux-o.m.g. pull me out of this rut for the sake of blogdom!!!