Monday, October 13, 2008

Fuck You Friend Zone

On my quest for finding a Someone, I found myself conversing with Tall Guy. Tall Guy and I have been talking for about a month now, with the caveat that he has height issues and only dates other Tall People. But thought it would be fun to get together for a beer with a Short Person like myself, because who can resist the likes of me? ;)

We talked on the phone a lot until we could find a free night for the both of us. Our conversations were lengthy, and always netted out with me laughing my ass off at pretty much everything he said. Which we all know is a huge turn-on to me. Another huge turn-on to me? When someone tells me I can't have something...his conversations always sort of ended with "you know, there is a HUGE height difference between us." (he is on the taller side of 6'4", and I am just under 5'4"). ie, we can probably never date...I reminded him that we were just meeting up for a beer and that he should stop worrying so much.

So we met last night at a bar in TriBeCa before I was to go a show for a friend's birthday. And dude is tall. I made sure to wear 4-inch heels so he wouldn't feel like he towered over me, but I still felt like one of the Lollipop Kids next to him. The thing is, I usually only date Tall People, it's not on purpose, but I do prefer long and lean to being with another Lollipop Kid such as myself.

After a few drinks it was painfully obvious that there was a definite attraction going on...we slid easily into a familiar place, since we'd spent so much time on the phone...but I kept hearing that dreaded "Friend Zone...Friend Zone" resonating in my brain. Fucking Friend Zone. I did NOT want to end up there YET AGAIN! But inevitably, the conversation turned back to the dreaded height bias. To the point where he even felt the need to tell me that if we were to ever have sex, the missionary position would be a joke.

To which I replied, "I only like to be on top."

Well, that seemed to have done the trick, because, at least for the next half hour or so, I'm pretty sure we exited the Friend Zone. Next thing I knew, we were making out like crazy, and then we were leaving the bar, and making out more (I had to stand on the stoop of a neighboring apartment building in order to reach) and then he walked me to my next destination , where I found myself pinned to a wall (standing on yet another stoop). Yea, I don't kiss my friends like that.

Me via text, several hours later: Let's do that again sometime.
Him: Yes, please!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, yeah! Sounds like a fun night!

And, hey, I'm about 5'8" and I'd need to stand on a stoop, too, for someone that tall.

Rab said...

Woohoo sounds awesome... I like tall guys too, however, I'm quite tall myself, so it often proves a little difficult to get that towering over me feeling which I love :)

Susan said...

Yay! I'm so glad you were able to trick him into making out with a short person! And once he gets hooked on a shorti, he will never go back...

i like cheese said...

Susan-i'm sort of hoping that this dude is on the stronger side..so that next time he just swoops me up when he wants to kiss me. I mean...I'm not always going to be lucky enough to have a stoop just laying around like that ;)

Miss Em--What IS it about that towering over feeling? It's so damn intoxicating!

Susan---haha. I'm not so sure I've hooked him yet...but no worries, there's always a plan b in my back pocket ;)