Monday, June 23, 2008

Blue Hair Works on Some People, it Turns Out

Brunching with Ha Ha Sound in Brooklyn, I received a text from Date #3, who we shall refer to as Rock Star.

Rock Star and I had plans to go out last night, and we hadn't quite yet firmed them up yet. A long text session while I was riding my bike on Saturday concluded nothing, we had decided to meet at 7pm on Sunday, but still weren't sure where.

Sunday's text said this, "Meet me on the corner of Essex and Stanton,and we'll take it from there."

I read this to Ha Ha and he thought I should suggest bringing some 40's along, so we could chug them on the corner.

I mean seriously? The guy couldn't think of one place to meet up that didn't involve me standing on the street corner like a hooker? I was convinced that he wanted to do a drive-by, see if he liked what he saw, and if he didn't...keep on walking.

So I insisted that he meet me at a bar in the vicinity. To which he replied, "I'm not drinking right now."

Hmmm. So, let's see, our date is to take place on a street corner, and he is going through DT? Wonderful.

We finally ended up chatting on the phone, which was a good thing because I was starting to wonder if I should even bother going on this date after all...it turned out he was on antibiotics after being sick, and didn't want to relapse, but decided I could drink all I want and he would have juice (my friend OBX was like "juice? who the fuck drinks juice? He couldn't just say seltzer?")So we settled on a location and just as I was feeling good about it all, he says, "Oh, and by the way, I've dyed my hair blue. Ok, see you later."

Upon telling OBX about the blue hair:
"Where you guys gonna meet up, the cube at Astor Place?"

Nice.

Despite all of the above, the date ended up being pretty nice. We had a lot to talk about, and the blue hair really worked on him. I drank beer, he drank cran and seltzer, we blathered on and on about ourselves for hours, we scarfed down some Two Boots, made some balloon animals, and called it a night.

Tonight, I meet the healer....

No comments: