Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Time to Start Wearing Breathe Right Strips to Bed. Hot.

Lately, it seems that I have been waking up around 4am, for one reason or another, and then never getting myself back to sleep. I try counting sheep, watching bad infomercials, reading, diddling myself. Nothin'.

Over the weekend, it happened a few times, due to Beehive falling asleep on the couch and then making his way back to bed...or Beehive getting up to go to the bathroom.

Monday am, I found myself awake, yet again, at 4am. Strangely, there was nothing going on to have woken me up, but true to form, I was unable to get myself back to sleep. Never fun, but on Monday it sucks even more.

On the subway going in to work, I mentioned that I had a hard time sleeping.

"So weird," I said confused. "I woke up at 4am, expecting to hear you in the john. But it was quiet as can be."

There was a pause, and then my boyfriend, always honest, confessed, "I actually had gotten up to pee, but you never moved. When I came back, you were snoring really loudly, so I shoved you, and you stopped snoring."

"You shoved me?"

"Yea. I had to. You were snoring."


Dude! You so could have saved yourself! All you had to do was play dumb and shrug!

{but of course, being honest is always best} {so thank you for that}

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish to state for the record that it wasn't shoving, it was light elbowing only after you rolled over to snore in my ear.

5 of 9er said...

I honestly have never counted sheep... ever. Not in bed, or out in some field where there really are sheep. Maybe I'm missing out on something.

Leaves said...

I had to make my husband start wearing Breathe-Right strips a few years ago. He's a wonderful man, but he snores like a buzzsaw. The Breathe-Rights have helped tremendously.

www.leavesart.com