Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A New Era?

I sat at home and watched the Inauguration today, and I wanted so badly to feel hopeful and positive.
Friends of mine went down to DC to see it live and in person...other friends had brunches to commemorate the occasion.
I sat at home and watched, in my pajamas, barely getting out of bed to do so. Not because I'm a hater, or because I don't believe.

But at the moment, I just don't fucking feel it.

I'm really excited about the fact that 8 yrs of shit is finally getting put to rest. That we have a President that I can relate to, that is a hundred years in the making, that is a fucking rockstar, and most importantly, seems like he's going to get shit done.

But the fact of the matter is that, the last 12 months have been kinda shite. And I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. And as much as I want to believe that Barack Obama is going to be my saviour, the man isn't Jesus, and I don't feel all that hopeful.

I hope to God I hope to God I hope to God I'm wrong.

1 comment:

Jesa Christ said...

Obama's not a saint- he's just a man.If America needs a savior so badly, we should look to ourselves.
Am I stupid and moronic for still feeling a tad comforted by him?
At least he isn't the missing link... thank god the Bush version of Idiocracy is over.