Sunday, April 12, 2009

April Showers Bring...Lots of Stuff

it's raining, it's pouring...

What the fuck have I been up to since you last heard from me? I mean, the last few posts have been quite the downers, eh? Even I was scaring myself...but that's what too much time on one's hands will do to a person, or so I've heard.

Events from the last few weeks:

-Attended an open mic with Remax 2 after deciding that we needed to start performing...me, some spoken word; him, guitar and sing. Turns out we hate open mics. Turns out we were much happier to have way too much bourbon at Library Bar and spill our guts til 4am. Turns out I still have feelings for Remax 2. I'm guessing most of you are smacking the sides of your heads and going "d'oh". Yea. Well.

-Met Bandaid Crush's long-distance girlfriend who was in town for a couple days. She looks like a cross between a Barbie Doll and Smurfette. I finally understand why I will never, ever be Bandaid Crush's type. And I'm totally down with that...do not want to look like Barbie Doll Smurfette. Sidenote: I love when my guy friends' girlfriends meet me...after obvs hearing about me repeatedly from their men (cuz their men adore me and can't stop talking about me, clearly) and they do that "oh, so YOU'RE the Cheese?" and look all relieved cuz I don't look like the femme fatale that's going to steal their dude away.

-Met with the Montauk girls and decided to do another 1/4 share. I WILL get on a surfboard this summer!!!

-Finagled an interview at a really hot ad agency through a Facebook friend and somehow convinced them I was cool enough to work there...lo and behold, the next day, they hired me (freelance). I had literally just gotten back to Brooklyn after another interview on a Friday morning...checked my voicemail as i was exiting the subway, to the tune of a message pleading with me to come in right away...so I got right back on the subway and headed on over! They threw me at a desk (thankfully I had my own laptop on me for some insane reason as they didn't have a computer for me yet) and said "GO". So I went. I've been there for a week. I don't even know what hit me. I work until 8pm every night. I forget to eat. I forget to think about stuff that bothers me. I just concentrate on getting through another day.

Everyone that works there is 12, and adorable. I can't imagine what they must think of me. I hightailed it to Soho this weekend to update my wardrobe a tad. Not that that's somehow going to transform my body to it's former 25 yr old self...but at least I will look a little more downtown hip and a little less "I'm an old chick stuck in some time warp circa 1986 but not in a cool way."

There's a little dog that runs around the office, he kind of owns the joint. He looks like a gremlin.

I didn't go to the gym for a week, and that made me sad. But if I keep forgetting to eat, I may not need the gym!

3 comments:

Susan said...

So glad to hear about the new gig...but remember to eat! You've got to eat something. (Do I sound like your grandmother?!)

beagle said...

Congrats on the job!

Erika_Scarlett said...

Yay! Congrats! And take a pic of the dog. Sounds cute. :-)