Monday, December 04, 2006

Awkward Moment #1,309.876

Strolling hand in hand through the Brooklyn Botanical Garden with my boyfriend, we were accosted by two women with a digital camera. "Excuse me" they called after us...we expected them to ask the usual "can you take our picture", and then I would do that thing I do...grab the camera out of their hand with a slightly annoyed expression and act like I'm doing them the BIGGEST favor on earth.

"We're making a video for our friend's wedding shower," the one holding the camera said. "We were wondering if we could record you giving out wedding advice to our friend."

"We'renotmarried" Beehive spit out.

The women looked at us and tried to hide their amusement. "Well, could you at least give out some relationship advice, thoughts, anything?"

Beehive and I looked at each other, and I stammered, "We are not in a position to do that right now" and we tore off.

What I really wanted to say was, "Can I take that video recorder and kindly shove it up your ass?"

No comments: